Key Points in Firestopping
Lecture by: Keith Sanford, PE, CDT, CCPR
Specified Technologies, Inc. (STI)
Key Points in Firestopping provides one (1) AIA Learning Unit towards the HSW requirements. In this one-hour seminar, the basics of life safety design and how to design a code compliant firestopping installation into projects are covered. Further, this course covers major issues in design such as coordination for the trades, data cabling, plastic pipes,
“simple” through penetrations, construction joints and curtain walls.
The course outline:
- What is firestopping?
- What do the codes require?
- UL Systems
- Major issues and examples
- Understanding codes and the steps necessary to become code compliant.
- Learn the types of penetrations by trade.
- Understanding of the UL System approach to managing the firestop process.
This Lecture provides 1 LU units for AIA members
The Presentation will be in English.
Please mark your calendars for this event on:
Thursday, June 28th, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
Colorado Center Community Room
2500 Broadway, Santa Monica, CA 90404